15 maio, 2014

Books, books and more books

Postado por Camila Rafaela Felippi às 5/15/2014 02:49:00 PM
I'll tell you a secret: I have an addiction for books. And how many people I also have a dream: to have a big library in my house. I love reading. I like romance, comedy, drama and a bit of suspense. I don’t like thriller. I tried to read a thriller book when I was about 12 years old and I never more interested in it. I like books cliches like the Twilight Saga, Harry Potter and the Princess Diaries.
The first book I read was Lassie Come Home and I was very young to face a big book! I was still in elementary school with 11 years old. That's how I started to enjoy reading: reading dog’s books. A while later I read Marley and Me. Then I read maaaaany books…  I have nearly a hundred books at home and when I was at high school (two years ago) I always went to the library’s school. Now I don’t go anymore because in my college they don’t allow you enter with your bag. You have to leave your things in a lockable cupboard. The problem is that last year I discovered something: any key opens any closet. In that day I had a key and, unintentionally, I opened the wrong cupboard. I only understood when I opened the cupboard and I saw that it was empty. Then I looked at the key number and the number of the closet and they weren’t the same! After that day I never left my things in the closet. I think they are trying to change the system. But since that day I almost never go to the library, so, I really don't know about it anymore!
I buy books from a bookstore called Livraria do Sebo. It’s a bookstore with used books and the prices are the best! Today I bought seven books for R$48,00 with free shipping. For you understand $1,00 corresponds to R$2,21. I don’t know how much cost the books in other countries, but in Brazil, to buy one new book you need at least R$50.

The books I bought are:

1. Huck: a História de um Cachorrinho Que Ensinou Lições Sobre Esperança (Portuguese)
2. Princesa: Mia (Portuguese)
3. A Princesa no Limite (Portuguese)
4. A Cabana (Portuguese)
5. Cat Among the Pigeons (English)
6. Angels & Demons (English)
7. Infância (Portuguese)

It will be a great challenge for me to read Angels & Demons in English. But I know it will help me to learn more English! 


10 comentários:

Lisabella Russo on 5/15/2014 5:02 PM disse...

I love books too! Reading is such a wonderful endeavor. That doesn't seem good with the lockers. My boyfriend goes to the library here a lot, but they don't make you put your stuff in lockers (and he doesn't carry a purse like I do...).

Helena on 5/15/2014 7:54 PM disse...

There's nothing wrong with being addicted to books - I wish more young people were! I read Angels and Demons a few years back. It's one I had to keep refreshing over but got there in the end!

Pat Hatt on 5/15/2014 9:33 PM disse...

I read a few here and there, mostly watch the movie though at my lair haha

Margie on 5/16/2014 1:28 AM disse...

I love books and have a great collection, reading is one of my most favorite pastimes.
I loved Marley and Me, it was funny but the ending was so sad.
Happy reading. x

Nal Pontes on 5/16/2014 7:29 PM disse...

Oi Camila, eu também gosto, gosto, muito de ler, cresci lendo e lendo muito, qd não tinha livros novos relia alguns, eu tenho livros q já li de duas a 04 vezes. Gosto de livros românticos, devocionais, de ler biografias, etc. Mas o principal de todos é a Bíblia q leio todo os anos. As vezes até duas veze por ano. Já tive oportunidade de organizar uma biblioteca, mas como depois da morte do meu marido pois era dele também esse sonho, fiquei sem ter onde guardar tantos livros então resolvi fazer doação e olhe q não foram poucos. Hoje tenho pouquinhos. Desejo q vc continue e realize o seu sonho. Pois é muito lindo. Bjsss

KK on 5/18/2014 8:10 AM disse...

My secret desire in life is to be a librarian, and to have a small home library too. I sometimes feel sorry for people who don't like us readers :-)

SG on 5/18/2014 9:03 PM disse...

I am glad you are interested to read book. It is a very good habit.

Felicity Grace Terry on 5/19/2014 10:10 AM disse...

I also dream of having a house big enough to have its own library. Mine would have a big fire place for when its cold and I'd love a cushioned seat in the window and one of those floor to ceiling ladders.

I really enjoyed Angels and Demons and would love to know your thoughts on it.

Gail Dixon on 5/19/2014 2:55 PM disse...

I love to read too, but find I can't sit still long enough these days. I want to be outside, enjoying nature. Reading is a very good pastime.

the dogs' mother on 5/19/2014 3:31 PM disse...

My sister-in-law (my husband's sister) and I are prolific readers. And we always won at any trivia game because of it.

Postar um comentário

.

.