27 maio, 2014

What's the color?

Postado por Camila Rafaela Felippi às 5/27/2014 03:40:00 PM
I finally finished reading the ten books of the Princess Diaries. And I'm not disagreeing! The movie is even wacky. I don’t know why, in my opinion, the filmmakers decided to destroy the story. Several things can’t be explained as:
- in the book Mia’s cat is orange, in the movie he is black and white;
- in the book Mia’s father has a disease, in the second movie he's dead; 
- in the movie Mia’s grandmother is a love, in the book she’s not it;
- in the book Mia's bodyguard is called Lars, in the movie his name is Joe;
- in the book Mia’s love is Michael, in the movie is Nicholas.

This is my cats: Farofa and Britney, respectively. Do you confuse the colors? I don't think so!

But I loved the end of the book. It was exactly what I imagined. Mia and Michael get together! I tried to search something about this big mess between the book and the movie, but I didn’t find. For me, to change the cat’s color and really delete Michael (one of the main characters) was terrible. So I can write here the books are better than the movie! As always! Or do you know some movie is better than the book?




13 comentários:

SG on 5/28/2014 1:56 AM disse...

When they take a book and it a movie, they change a lot to our disappointment.

Felicity Grace Terry on 5/28/2014 11:36 AM disse...

Oh my goodness, I've fallen in love with your cats. I'd love a marmalade cat, I even have his name picked. I'd call him Chivers which is a famous brand of ..... you guessed ...... marmalade here in the UK.

sarah on 5/29/2014 9:56 AM disse...

I think almost books are better than films. I can understand the theme in the book better than film. Film has to organize with short time, about 2 hours or so.
Have a nice day!

Nal Pontes on 5/29/2014 10:17 AM disse...

Desse, jeito é melhor ler um e não ver o outro, ou ver o filme e não ler o livro, Pois quase sempre é assim, nunca fazem igual. Farofa e Britney são lindos, um é amarelo e o outro é preto e branco não é? Acho que não sou Daltonica não, já no filme sei não, talvez sejam rsrsrs Bjsss Camilinha.

the dogs' mother on 5/29/2014 10:40 AM disse...

We love cats - and we are allergic to them :-( so we have friend cats.

Pat Hatt on 5/29/2014 11:08 AM disse...

Books are always better I'd say, they probably changed the cat's color because they had to find one that would do what they wanted on screen

Gail Dixon on 5/29/2014 12:28 PM disse...

Books are almost always better than the movies. It's confusing and disheartening when they change important characters and names.

Nal Pontes on 5/29/2014 5:58 PM disse...

Oi, Camila, eu já assisti o filme o Menino de Pijama, muito emocionante, o Caçador de pipas, nunca ouvi falar, vou procurar. Gosto de histórias ou filmes tipo esses. Gostei das pegadinhas de animais aqui. Bjsss amiga

Lisabella Russo on 5/29/2014 6:11 PM disse...

Oh my goodness, I just noticed the paw prints that go with the mouse, so cute! Usually books are better than movies, it's hard to translate them to the format. Love the pictures of your cats, I'm not sure why they made the choices that they did for the movie. The movie "Fight Club" is around as good as the book. Also "Dresden Files" (a tv series) is around as good as the books. They're not exactly the same, but the quality is there. Usually though books tend to be better then the movies or tv series inspired by them...

Nal Pontes on 5/29/2014 7:52 PM disse...

Oi Camila, voltei aqui, esqueci de responder as casinhas, não são nossas não, tiramos na net. A da frente com a bicicleta a minha amiga virtual tmb tirou na net e colocou no seu blog. e as casinhas eu encontrei tmb na net fiz a montagem das 02 imaginando que fossemos vizinhas. Por coincidência a minha amiga Nadja já visitou este lugar (o das casinhas, que eu nem sabia) tirou até foto lá, se não me engano é lá em Salvador. Então eu para fazer uma homenagem a ela fiz até um poster no dia 16 de maio 2013 no blog Pedaços de mim. com o tema vizinha do lado. E a surpreendi com a imagem das casinhas. ´´E só. Bjssss

Christine on 6/01/2014 1:46 AM disse...

beautiful cats! They always say to read the books before the movie!

Crista on 6/01/2014 8:33 PM disse...

Bem vinda em meu blog e em meu coração,de onde nunca saístes,minha querida mocinha!
Beijão e te desejo tudo de bom.
Obrigada por fazer parte de meu blog!!!!

Unknown on 6/02/2014 3:04 PM disse...

I have not read the series but I have many friend who really enjoyed the books.

Postar um comentário

.

.