09 maio, 2014

Crosswalk

Postado por Camila Rafaela Felippi às 5/09/2014 10:04:00 AM
In Blumenau the town hall and Seterb launched an amazing and very cute campaign!
On the first day the campaign began, I went to work and I've seen the board of a Border Collie near the semaphore. I thought it was a campaign for the animals. Then, I saw that the dog holds a plaque "The pedestrian’s best friend - Respect the crosswalk". So, at night I saw the advertisement on TV. "The goal of our campaign is, mainly, to encourage people to use the crosswalk. In 2013, Blumenau recorded 205 roadkill and, this year, only from January to April, 53 accidents have occurred as well. Of these, 38 occurred when people were in the crosswalk and, in total, two of which died. We want to alert and attentive people to do their part in traffic" explained ChistéI loved the campaign. I think if they hadn’t done it with a dog, it doesn’t call much attention. After all, if you're walking down the street and see something like this, you probably will want to know about! In the first days many people were frightened. I saw some people stopping to read the yellow nameplate. The ad was very well done. Because it's true: people don’t expect the green light to cross the road. They think it will “take time” and run in front of cars. When I'm on the motorcycle with my boyfriend, we have to take care because if traffic is slow, people come from all sides trying to cross the street.According to the website SBT, nine thousand people die each year in roadkill in Brazil and one reason is the insufficient time to stay open the pedestrian traffic lights: only 38 seconds. When I cross the street from my apartment and college, I have to cross two crosswalks. The second is opened just about 15 seconds. Of course, that’s why, the university risk their lives crossing the street at the red light. I also saw in Blog do Jaime than May is a reference to transit actions, because in 2011 the United Nations (UN) declared the Decade of Action for Road Safety (2011-2020). Well, I hope the vandals don’t ruin this beautiful art that the town city and Seterb had the great idea of ​​creating. It's great to see that politics works in this city! And the photo is from Blog do Jaime!

Have a look in the video... Is the dog a good actor, isn't he?  








8 comentários:

Lisabella Russo on 5/09/2014 6:36 PM disse...

The dog is so cute! I'm glad he and you are drawing attention to such an important issue. It seems like they need to extend the time to cross a bit too.

Faye on 5/09/2014 7:11 PM disse...

The video is wonderful! Are your numbers accurate? That is a lot of roadkill in one place. I guess you mean animals like cats, dogs, possums, skunks, etc. Still that is a big number. I hope the campaign works.

Felicity Grace Terry on 5/12/2014 11:31 AM disse...

What a great way to get the message across. It always annoys me to see people crossing against the green man and even more so when they have children with them as to me learning children to cross the road safely is of the up-most importance.

Camila Rafaela Felippi on 5/12/2014 4:30 PM disse...

Faye: I mean people. Animals, I think, triples the number :/

Unknown on 5/14/2014 10:26 AM disse...

Adorei a campanha!!!!

Pat Hatt on 5/14/2014 8:48 PM disse...

People need to pay attention, the pup acted good indeed

Victoria on 5/15/2014 4:29 PM disse...

I love your blog, so wonderful and a great article! yes that dog is beautiful and a very good actor! Thanks so much for sharing!
Victoria

elif disse...

kuşadası
milas
çeşme
bağcılar
ordu

MFVBR5

Postar um comentário

.

.