12 novembro, 2013

Five recipes

Postado por Camila Rafaela Felippi às 11/12/2013 03:29:00 PM
Pão de queijo
- Hello! I’m a British student and I don’t know to speak Portuguese very well. Can you help me to understand the menu?
- Yes, of course! What’s your name?
- I’m sorry. My name is Joe.
- Nice to meet you, Joe. My name is Camila.
- Nice to meet you too!
- Well… Are you hungry?
- Not so much. I want something small.
- So, I think you will like pão de queijo.
- What’s this?
- This is a small round savoury made from tapioca flour, vegetable oil and cheese, baked in the oven.
- Hm… I want to try  it! What else?
- Here in Brazil we eat a lot of fried food, like empadinha and coxinha.
- I like fried food! I want to try  it, but, tell me more about this food…
Fried food: coxinha and empadinha
- Empadinha is a small savoury tan, made with butter pastry and various fillings, such as palm heart, chicken and shrimp. And coxinha is deep fried dough in the shape of a chicken drumstick, made from wheat flour, butter and eggs, with shredded chicken filling.
- Can I eat them all?
- I don’t know. You can see this and after you will think what’s better!
- Good idea! But I want to eat something for dessert…
- You can eat suspiro. I love suspiro! It is a sweet made from egg white and sugar. Or you can eat rapadura,  a sweet made of sugar cane, typical in Northeast of Brazil!
- Omg, I want to eat everything! Thanks for your help!
- You’re welcome. I hope you love Brazilian food! 
- I know I will love! 
Suspiro

5 comentários:

Leovi on 11/12/2013 4:17 PM disse...

Me encanta el suspiro! Tiene unos bonitos colores y me gusta mucho el dulce. Toda esa comida es muy apetitosa!
Creo que en tu comentario te refieres al antiguo edificio de la telefónica en la calle Gran Vía de Madrid.

Lisabella Russo on 11/12/2013 11:24 PM disse...

Oh my goodness it all looks and sounds delicious! I love your photos and the words that go with them!

Dana on 11/12/2013 11:59 PM disse...

I'm so hungry after reading your post! Everything sounds so good!

Crystal Collier on 11/13/2013 6:01 PM disse...

Now I'm hungry. Oh, yummy yummy! I'm going to have to see if my husband can make these. (The cook in our family.)

KK on 11/15/2013 1:47 PM disse...

Here in India, we too have lots of fried food.

Thing is, a lot of it is vegetarian. Non-veg food is increasing with time. People tell me that vegetarians from India face problems in getting veg food in many countries because the there cuisines are totally non-veg.

Postar um comentário

.

.